Healthy, Oil / By SouthSavour
What is Cold-Pressed Oil?
Cold-pressed oil extraction is the process of crushing the seed or nut and forcing out the oil. The seeds are dropped on top of a Ghani unit which is made of stone and it contains a rotating wooden rod. The wooden rod rotates at 14 RPM and slowly crushes the seeds until the oil is extracted. Small hole in the bottom of the Ghani allow the oil to escape into a collection container. Since it rotates very slowly no heat is generated due to friction and all nutrients and flavour of the oil stays intact. The collected oil is allowed to settle for few day and its filtered naturally and packed. We at SouthSavour ensure that the oil collected has its nutrients intact and maintained till it reaches you.
Why we must use cold pressed oil in our cooking?
Several benefits of SouthSavour, cold pressed oil:
- Cold pressed oils retain most of vitamins, micro nutrients, proteins, antioxidants, phospholipids etc. Getting these essential nutrients from natural source is a wiser choice than getting them from multivitamin pills.
- Unrefined cold pressed oil does not contain any preservatives or additives or solvent residues, so it’s an ideal choice for daily use to avoid chronic illness. (Some of the chemicals used in refined oils are either toxic or carcinogenic).
- Food cooked in cold pressed oil will have an excellent flavour, aroma and taste , as the flavour and aroma of the oil seeds are retained with the oil and not lost due to heat during extraction. The flavour and aroma of the oil, compliments ethnic food and the spices so well. It can’t be explained in words and have to be experienced by cooking and tasting the food.
- Cold pressed coconut oil contains high level of lauric acid. It helps in weight loss, lowers the cholesterol and improves the immunity. This is the only oil which has high lauric acid next to human breast milk and considered as good as mother milk.
- Oil is extracted with least processing without use of any chemicals. It has nearly zero impact to the environment. Unlike refined oils which will have chemical waste that is let to our environment, in unrefined cold pressed oils, the only by product is oil seeds cakes. They are used as organic manure for farm lands or used for cattle feed.
- Using cold pressed oil is our tradition and its not a new thing. It has been lost due to modernisation, availability low cost re fined oils and fancy packing and branding. It is our responsibility restore our healthy lifestyle back by switching back to cold pressed oils.
Wait no more. Order from SouthSavour.